Lane Closure: Banner Way NE & NE 76th Street
As early as Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017, Sound Transit’s contractor will close the southbound left lane on Banner Way NE adjacent to NE 76th Street (see map) to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells. This work will take one week to complete (weather permitting).
What to expect:
- Traffic Impacts: Southbound left lane closure on Banner Way NE adjacent to NE 76th Street. Pedestrian, bicyclist, and motorist traffic will be maintained. Traffic cones, no parking signage, roadway signage, and flaggers will be used during this work.
- Construction Activities: Steel plates, covering the dewatering wells, will be removed and the wells will be cut 4 ft. below grade. The discharge line will be removed and the area will be backfilled. When the soil is replaced it will be compacted, and there may be vibration from the compacting of the soil.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on the street during this work.
- Work hours: Tuesday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Restoration: Permanent restoration will be carried out to Seattle Department of Transportation standards. Current expectations for the permanent reinstatement is spring/summer 2017.
The Northgate Link Extension will provide fast, reliable light rail service to one of the region’s most congested traffic areas. Trains will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport. The 4.3-mile extension is expected to open for service in 2021.