Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets
As early as Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016, Sound Transit's contractor will close a southbound right lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on decommissioning dewatering wells in that area. This work will happen over a period of time and will occur in phases.
What to expect:
- South bound right lane closure: On Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets.
- Construction activities: Instrumentation and pumps from the dewatering well will be removed. The steel plate will be placed back on the road once the work is completed.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on streets during this work.
- Access: Pedestrian, bicyclist, and motorist traffic will be maintained. Temporary lane or sidewalk closures may be required. There may also be impacts to street parking. Traffic cones, no parking signage, roadway signage, and flaggers may be used when travel lanes or parking areas are affected during this work.
- Driveways will remain open.
- Work hours: Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Crews will return at a later date to:
- Decommission the dewatering wells: The process of decommissioning the wells will take about two days. The protective well enclosure will be removed, the well will be grouted per Department of Ecology requirements and the surface will be temporarily patched with asphalt.
- Restoration: Permanent restoration will be carried out to Seattle Department of Transportation standards. Current expectation for the permanent reinstatement is spring/summer of 2017.