Long-term full closure of 110th Avenue Northeast
On Sunday July 21st, Sound Transit's contractor will begin the third phase of the long-term traffic control on a portion of 110th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 4th and Northeast 6th streets. This upcoming phase of work will reclose 110th Avenue NE. The full closure is necessary to build the East Link light rail north tunnel portal near Bellevue City Hall.
Phase 2 (July 9, 2018 – July 21st 2019). One lane of traffic in each direction on 110th Avenue Northeast will be reopened in both the north and southbound direction. This work is scheduled to last about 10-12 months.
Phase 3 (July 21st 2019 – Fall 2019). Phase 3 again requires a full closure of all lanes on 110th Avenue Northeast in the work area as utilities are reinstalled and the roadway restored. Also, in conjunction with the City of Bellevue, our contractor will build a permanent mid-block crossing just north of the City Hall parking lot access. This work is scheduled to take 3-4 months to complete. After which the 110th Avenue Northeast will be fully reopened for two-way traffic and the mid-block pedestrian crossing will be available for use.
Full closure of 110th Avenue Northeast to installation of utilities, permanent pedestrian mid-block crosswalk, and restoration of roadway
The full closure is approved to begin Sunday, July 21st. Work is expected to take 3-4 months to complete.
110th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 4th and Northeast 6th streets, just north City Center Plaza's parking lot access.
- Work will occur between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- The scope of work will include the removal of temporary structures, reconstruction of the roadway, curb/gutter, sidewalks, paving, installing a permanent mid-block crossing and final adjustments to underground utilities.
- Sidewalks will be closed along the east side of 110th Avenue Northeast adjacent to the work area and on the south side of Northeast 6th Street.
- The temporary mid-block crosswalk by City Hall is scheduled to be closed for four weeks during the fall months to create the permanent crosswalk.
- Local access to/from driveways off 110th Avenue Northeast will be maintained and all exiting vehicles will be directed southbound.
- Barriers and signage will prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering the work zone. Detour signage will be in place.
- Noise generated from work activities will be restricted to normal working hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekends.
- Pedestrian access through the corridor will be on the west side of 110th. This is a full closure to all-vehicular thru traffic.
- Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
- Please plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-689-4798
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395