Major changes coming to the Roosevelt Station site
As early as Monday, Aug. 27, Sound Transit's contractor will begin restoration work on Northeast 67th Street along the north side of the Roosevelt Station site. To restore the area, crews will take a three-phased approach, described below. Construction will take place during daytime hours.
Duration of the work: Aug. 27 – Mid November 2018
What to expect
Monday, Aug. 27 – Tuesday, Sept. 4
Phase 1: Temporary power relocation and demolition
- Construction activities: Contractor will be relocating lights and temporary power along the sound wall on Northeast 67th Street.
- Portions of the green sound wall panels and steel beams will be removed for the Seattle City Light (SCL) duct bank installation.
- Construction equipment: Mid-size excavator, scissor lift, and a loader for hauling off debris.
Thursday, Aug. 30 – October 2018
Phase 2: Medium voltage power, excavation, trenching, concrete pours and backfilling
- Construction activities: Excavation for SCL Vault and duct bank will begin Aug. 30th.
- SCL will set power poles on Northeast 67th Street the first week of September.
- Construction equipment: Mid-size excavator, vault setting truck, SCL pole setting truck, Vacuum Trucks, pump truck and concrete trucks. Loaders for hauling away debris.
October 2018 – November 2018
Phase 3: Demolition, paving, sidewalk and gutters
- Construction activities: Removing portions of the street and sidewalks and installing new pavement, sidewalks and gutters.
- Construction equipment: Excavators, compactors, pump truck and concrete trucks.
- Traffic impacts: No parking will be allowed along Northeast 67th street while all phases of work are being done.
- Sidewalk closure: The sidewalk on the south side of Northeast 67th between Roosevelt Way Northeast and 12th Avenue Northeast will be closed during all phases of this work.
- Work hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday