Night closures in downtown Bellevue
Overnight drivers should be aware of upcoming overnight closures in downtown Bellevue. Beginning on Monday, May 20th, Sound Transit's contractor will be closing roadways in preparation for the future elevated light rail structure. This work includes the setting of concrete girders and the installation of handrails over several Bellevue roads.
The following roads will have full closures:
Full closure on 112th Avenue Northeast (Monday, May 20th - Tuesday, May 21st): Each night, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., 112th Avenue Northeast will be fully closed between Northeast 4th Street and Northeast 6th Street adjacent to City Hall to set girders in the XO parking lot and install handrail over the roadway.
Full closure on 116th Avenue Northeast ( Wednesday, May 22nd – Thursday, May 23rd): Each night, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., 116th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 8th Street and Northeast 4th Street will be fully closed adjacent to Lincoln Center & Cadillac of Bellevue to install handrails above the roadway.
Set girders and install handrail over the roadway
Monday, May 20th – Thursday, May 23rd, 9 p.m. – 6 a.m.
112th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 6th and Northeast 4th streets
116th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 8th and Northeast 4th streets
Monday, Monday, May 20th – Tuesday, May 21st
- Sound Transit's contractor will fully close 112th Avenue Northest from Northeast 6th Street to Northeast 4th Street (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.) to set girders and install handrail over the roadway.
- Sidewalks will be closed along the west side of 112th Avenue Northeast adjacent to the work area. All other sidewalks will be maintained at closure sites while work is occurring.
- Crews will have light plants in place while the work is occurring and will be directed only towards the work site.
- Types of equipment are flatbed trucks, aeral lifts, small generators, light plants, cranes, and saws.
- Uniform police officers will be available to guide traffic flows.
- Local access will be maintenained.
Wednesday, May 22nd – Thursday, May 23rd
- 116th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 8th and Northeast 4th streets adjacent to Lincoln Center will be full closed (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.) install handrail over the roadway.
- Sidewalks will be closed along the east side of 116th Avenue Northeast adjacent to the work area. All other sidewalks will be maintained at closure sites while work is occurring.
- Access to 116 Coast Hotel will remain open.
- Please follow the direction of uniform police officers, flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
- Please plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: email@example.com or 206-689-4798
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395