Night work on 1st Avenue NE ahead of Northgate Station construction
Sound Transit's contractor will restripe 1st Ave NE, and set up traffic barriers at night ahead of the of work on the Northgate Station in mid-January. This work requires crews to close the road on Jan. 3rd and 4th from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. No high impact noise activities (such as jackhammering or saw-cutting) are scheduled to take place. Access to homes and businesses will be maintained.
What to expect:
- Increased truck traffic in the area
- Flashing lights from trucks
- Intermittent noise associated with grinding and other construction activities
- Northbound traffic: Turn east on NE 92nd Street to Fifth Avenue NE. Turn north on Fifth Avenue NE to NE 103rd Street. Turn west on NE 103rd Street to First Avenue NE.
- Southbound traffic: Turn east on NE 103rd Street. Turn south on Fifth Avenue NE. Turn west on NE 92nd Street to First Avenue NE.