Nighttime work: Closure of 1st Ave NE and part of Park and Ride Interim Lot B, April 4 – 6
Starting as early as Wednesday, April 4, Sound Transit's contractor will be conducting work to install steel beams and wood decking to create a platform across 1st Avenue Northeast between Northeast 103rd and Northeast 95th street (see map). Cranes, light plants, forklifts and generator will be used for this work.
Access to homes, businesses, Northgate Mall, Northgate Transit Center and the Hampton Inn and Suites will be maintained.
What to expect:
Wednesday, April 4 – Friday, April 6
- Work hours: 8 p.m. – 4:30 a.m.
- Traffic impacts (see map):
- 1st Avenue Northeast will be closed to through traffic between Northeast 103rd and Northeast 95th street.
- Intersection at Northeast 103rd Street and 1st Avenue Northeast will remain open. Traffic exiting the I-5 express lanes will have to go eastbound onto 103rd Street toward 5th Avenue Northeast or northbound onto 1st Avenue Northeast toward Northeast 105th street.
- Intersection at Northeast 100th Street and 1st Avenue Northeast will be closed.
- Parking impacts: Western half of Park & Ride Interim Lot B will be closed (see map).