Partial and full closures of westbound I-90 at Bellevue Way Southeast
Sound Transit's has completed the long span bridge over I-90 and crews plan to dismantle the 'traveler crane' and remove it from the site. In order to safely disassemble and move the crane, crews are planning an overnight partial and full closures of westbound I-90 between I-405 and Bellevue Way Southeast. In order to minimize disruption to drivers, crews will utilize the closure to complete additional work.
- Sunday, Oct. 6 at 11 p.m. to Monday, Oct. 7 at 5 a.m. and Monday, Oct. 7 at 11 p.m. to Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 5 a.m.
- All through traffic on westbound I-90 will be shifted to one lane on the right hand side.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 11 p.m. to Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 5 a.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 11 p.m. to Thursday, Oct. 10 at 5 a.m.:
- Work requiring a full closure is expected to last two nights. Ramps will begin to close at 9 p.m. in some locations and the full closure of I-90 will last from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. All lanes and ramps are expected to reopen by 5 a.m.
- Ramp closures: I-405 south to I-90 west HOV ramp, I-405 south to I-90 west general purpose ramp, I-405 north to I-90 west ramp; Richards Road and Southeast 32nd to westbound I-90; 142nd Place Southeast to westbound I-90 HOV Ramp.
- Lane closures: All lanes of westbound I-90 between I-405 and Bellevue Way Southeast. Ramps from Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 will remain open.
- Westbound I-90 detour: Drivers should follow detour signs onto I-405 north. Cars will exit onto Southeast 8th Street and follow detour signs toward Bellevue Way Southeast. Trucks over 10,000 GVW are to use the I-405 to I-5 detour.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage in order to safely reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.