Puget Sound Energy to continue utility work on Bellevue Way this weekend
In preparation for East Link light rail construction in the South Bellevue area, Puget Sound Energy will continue undergrounding and relocating above-ground electrical infrastructure this weekend, June 25-26. This work requires closing the eastbound I-90 off-ramps to Bellevue Way SE. Puget Sound Energy crews will also close one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way SE near Southeast 30th Street.
Sound Transit's construction in the South Bellevue area is anticipated to begin late this year.
What to expect?
- Signed detours to SE 8th Street via I-405 will accommodate the closure of the eastbound I-90 off-ramps to Bellevue Way SE.
- Sound Transit’s route 550 eastbound will re-route to the Richards Road/Factoria Boulevard exit before re-entering westbound I-90 and exiting onto Bellevue Way SE.
- The closure of one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way near Southeast 30th Street.
- For information about King County Metro Service, visit http://metro.kingcounty.gov/alerts/
- Work hours between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Traffic control signs and flaggers to guide vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists through the work zone.
- Noise from trucks and heavy machinery.
Visit Puget Sound Energy's project webpage. If you have additional questions about this weekend's work, contact Kim Lane, Puget Sound Energy Senior Project Manager at 1-888-404-8733 or MajorProjects@pse.com.