Puget Sound Energy utility work on Bellevue Way this weekend
In preparation for East Link light rail construction in the South Bellevue area, Puget Sound Energy will be undergrounding and relocating existing above-ground electrical infrastructure this weekend, June 11 and June 12. This work requires the closure of the eastbound I-90 off-ramps to Bellevue Way. Puget Sound Energy crews will also close one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way near Southeast 30th Street.
Sound Transit's construction in the South Bellevue area is anticipated to begin late this year.
What to expect?
- Signed detours will be in place to accommodate the closure of the eastbound I-90 off-ramps.
- The closure of one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way near Southeast 30th Street.
- Work hours between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Traffic control signs and flaggers will guide vehicles through the work zone.
- There will likely be noise from trucks and heavy machinery.
Visit Puget Sound Energy's project webpage by clicking here. If you have additional questions about this weekend's work, contact Kim Lane, Puget Sound Energy Senior Project Manager at 1-888-404-8733 or MajorProjects@pse.com.