Roadway paving on NE 42nd Street begins tomorrow
Construction crews building the U District Station will be repaving NE 42nd Street between University Way NE and Brooklyn Avenue NE beginning as early as Wednesday, May 14. This work will be completed in approximately two weeks. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon-Fri.
Traffic and Access Impacts
- The westbound lane of NE 42nd Street between University Way NE and Brooklyn Avenue NE will be closed to traffic daily during the above work hours.
- No parking will be available.
- The west crosswalk at the intersection of NE 42nd Street and University Way NE and the east crosswalk at the intersection of NE 42nd Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE may be closed at times.
- The alley may be intermittently closed at NE 42nd Street.
- The sidewalk on both sides of NE 42nd Street will remain open.
Detour for drivers heading westbound on NE 42nd Street: head south on University Way NE, turn right on NE 41st Street, then turn right on Brooklyn Avenue NE.
Construction impacts will include traffic and access impacts, as well as noise and dust from grinding and removing pavement.