Roosevelt Station Crane Dismantling Watch Party, March 11 & 12
Sound Transit’s contractor will begin removal of the red Roosevelt tower crane starting as early as Monday, March 11. This is no small feat; the crane’s jib (the horizontal piece) alone is about 280 feet, just 20 feet shy of a football field. To celebrate this event, Sound Transit is hosting two watch parties. Drop by for as long as you can to watch the crane that has been a part of the Roosevelt neighborhood since 2014 come down.
Monday, March 11 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Northwest corner of the Roosevelt High School play field (see map)
- Staff available to discuss crane dismantling and answer questions
- Coffee and snacks available from local Roosevelt businesses
- Roosevelt High School has courteously allowed us to use the grassy area of their play field, west of the track and field. Our activities will not disturb any outdoor school-related activities on the play field during these times.
- If you can’t make it to one of the drop-in events, you can watch the dismantling from the Roosevelt Station construction cam: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/soundtransit/
- A time lapse video of the crane dismantling will be available on Sound Transit’s website shortly after completion of the job