Sound Transit is conducting field work along the Tacoma Link Extension route
Sound Transit is conducting field work along the Tacoma Link Extension route. Work includes surveying the streets and area of the route. The work will be within City of Tacoma and Sound Transit right of way and will help Sound Transit crews better understand conditions along the alignment.
What to expect:
- Survey crews will be in the project area from Nov. 23 to Dec. 30.
- Work will take place in the following areas:
- N. 2nd St North of N. 1st St.
- N. 1st St. between N. 2nd St. and Division Ave.
- N. 1st and 2nd of Broadway South of Division Ave.
- Division Ave. between S. 1st St. and MLK Jr. Way
- Work will occur from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- No traffic impacts are expected.
Online Open House update
Sound Transit is accepting comments on the preliminary draft designs for the Tacoma Link Expansion.
Visit soundtransit.org/tacomalinkexpansion to view draft drawings and weigh in on your preferences on station platforms, the traction power substation screening and station names.
Comments are welcome until midnight Jan. 8.
Regional voters approved the Tacoma Link Expansion as part of Sound Transit 2 in 2008. The project is a partnership with the City of Tacoma. The extension will take Tacoma Link from the Theater District, up Stadium Way and through the Stadium and Hilltop neighborhoods. The project is in final design. Construction work will begin in 2018.
More information on the project is available at soundtransit.org/tacomalinkexpansion.