Southbound Stadium Way closure: replacing underground utilities
Starting on Monday, November 19th, Sound Transit's contractor will be closing the southbound traffic lane and adjacent bike lane at the intersection of N. Broadway St. and N. 1st St. down the hill on Stadium Way to just north of N. 4th St. This closure is expected to be reopened by Friday, December 28th. During this time, the contractor will be replacing the underground utilities along the future Hilltop Tacoma Link Extension route. Please follow the signs for alternative routes during this closure.
What to expect
- Driveway and pedestrian access is maintained
- Construction noise related to replacing the underground utilities
- Traffic delays due to detours
- Work hours will generally take place during the daytime hours
- Northbound traffic on Stadium Way is open during this closure