Temporary sidewalk and street closures around U District Station construction site
Construction at the U District light rail station is underway. Sound Transit's contractor has implemented the first phase of traffic control changes and is now working on various activities around the construction site. Below is a summary of what work you can expect at the site in the next two weeks (as of 1/10/13*):
1. The sidewalk on the west side of 12th Avenue NE between NE 45th and NE 43rd streets will be closed north of the temporary UW Shuttle Stop. This will allow the contractor to demolish the existing concrete and install the concrete pad at the permanent UW Shuttle Stop location. Parking lanes will be restricted during this work (see map)
2. Utility work along Brooklyn Avenue from NE 45th Street to just south of NE 43rd Street. This work will expand the current construction fencing area north to NE 45th Street and south of NE 43rd Street. The crosswalk at NE 43rd Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE will be directed south to a temporary crosswalk during this work. The east west pedestrian connection will be maintained at the intersection (see map)
3. On the south side of NE 43rd Street between 12th Avenue NE and Brooklyn Avenue NE the entrance to the alley will have temporary closures as the Contractor works to relocate Seattle City Light utilities and install a concrete wall along the alley (see map)
- The solid construction wall installation will start around the construction site.
- During this work you can expect a variety of construction vehicles and equipment to be in use (concrete trucks, vacuum trucks, excavators, jackhammers, concrete cutting, street sweepers, use of generators and drill work).
On the horizon (1/27/14 and on)*
- Continued work at the alley entrance at NE 43rd Street between 12th Avenue NE and Brooklyn Avenue NE
- Continued work on the solid construction wall installation
- Continued utility work on Brooklyn Avenue NE from NE 45th Street to just south of NE 43rd Street
The work hours are generally Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. There can be intermittent weekend work that is scheduled 9am-5pm.*
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Sound Transit's U District Station project, please contact Wilbert Santos at (206) 398-5300 or email@example.com.
Report construction issues (after business hours) at our 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.
STAY SAFE AND SOUND AROUND LIGHT RAIL CONSTRUCTION:
Obey pedestrian traffic signals
Obey flaggers directing trucks
Watch for trucks AND trailers