Traffic impacts on N. 1st Street, Martin Luther King Jr. Way and Stadium Way during the week of January 14
To move or install underground utilities along the future route, Sound Transit's contractor will temporarily close parking and traffic lanes in areas along North 1st Street, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Stadium Way, and Commerce Street.
Construction and traffic closures on N. 1st Street, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Stadium Way, and Commerce Street.
Week of Jan. 14
• North 1st Street between N. Tacoma Avenue and G Street – northeast lane closure. North 1st Street in the Stadium District will be open to one lane of traffic during construction. The northeast lane on N. 1st Street will be closed in between G Street and N. Tacoma Ave. There will be no parking on both sides of North 1st Street. Crews are working on a deep sewer line.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Way between 9th Street and 15th Street – lane restrictions. MLK Jr Way between 9th St. and 15th St. will maintain two-way traffic during potholing work. Potholing will take place at the intersections on MLK from 9th St to 15th St.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Way between 19th and 16th Street – lane restrictions. MLK Jr Way between 9th and 15th St. will maintain two-way traffic as the contractor creates foundations for the overhead contact system.
• Stadium Way: Division to South 4th St. – southbound lane closure; use detours
Southbound on Stadium Way continues to be closed to traffic from Broadway to South 4th St. Please follow the detours on St. Helens Ave., Broadway and Tacoma Ave. One-way traffic going north on Stadium Way is open. The contractor is working on both water and storm drainage systems.
• Commerce Street: 7th St. to I-705 on-ramp – lane restrictions. Access to Commerce St. from the 705/Stadium Way exit is closed. Detours are in place. One-way traffic northbound on Commerce St. will be maintained from S. 9th to I-705. The contractor is installing a new sewer.
• Driveway and pedestrian access is maintained, although some sidewalks and crosswalks will be temporarily closed. Pedestrian detours will be in place.
• Construction noise related to replacing the underground utilities.
• Large construction equipment or materials may be in the right-of-way.
• Traffic delays due to detours.
• Work will generally take place during the daytime hours.
• Businesses are open during construction.
• Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
• Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-208-0586
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395