Traffic impacts in several areas during the week of February 25
Crews will continue the underground utility work along the route. The sewer work on N. 1st St. is expected to be completed this week and then move to Division in between Yakima and I St. The sewer work will continue on Commerce St. from 7th St. to the Theater District Station. Crews are creating overhead contact foundations in places along Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
Construction and traffic closures on Commerce Street, Stadium Way, N. 1st Street, and Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
Week of Feb. 25
- North 1st Street between G St and Yakima Ave – northbound lane closure. The northbound lane on N. 1st Street is closed in between N. G St. and Yakima Ave. As crews complete this phase of utility work in this section, they will move onto Division Avenue in between Yakima Ave. and N. I St. North 1st Street is open to one lane of traffic. Crews will remove the sewer bypass on N. 1st St. and finish working on a deep sewer line.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way in between 15th and 8th Streets – lane restrictions. Crews are creating foundations for the overhead contact system, including cutting pavement on Martin Luther King Jr. Way in between 15th and 8th Streets. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Commerce Street: 7th St. to I-705 on-ramp – lane restrictions. Commerce St. in between 7th St. and the Theater District Station will be closed in both directions to thru traffic. To access the 705/Stadium Way onramp, follow S. 9th to Pacific Ave. to 7th St. to Commerce St. Access to Commerce St. from the 705/Stadium Way exit continues to be closed. Detours are in place. The contractor is installing a new sewer.
- Stadium Way: Division to South 4th St. – intersection closure and southbound lane closure; use detours
Currently, the intersection of Stadium Way and Division Avenue is closed to do water line work. This intersection is expected to stay closed until March 11.
Southbound on Stadium Way continues to be closed to traffic from Broadway to South 4th St. Please follow the detours on St. Helens Ave., Broadway and Tacoma Ave. One-way traffic going north on Stadium Way is open. The contractor is working on both water and storm drainage systems.
- Driveway and pedestrian access is maintained, although some sidewalks and crosswalks will be temporarily closed. Pedestrian detours will be in place.
- Construction noise related to replacing the underground utilities.
- Large construction equipment or materials may be in the right-of-way.
- Work will generally take place during the daytime hours.
- Businesses are open during construction.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: email@example.com or 253-208-0586
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395