Upcoming day and night work in downtown Bellevue
Night work scheduled for girder installation across 112th Ave NE
Beginning as early as Monday Dec. 11th, Sound Transit's contractor will be setting a girder across 112th Avenue Northeast in downtown Bellevue. Because this work will happen over the roadway, construction will occur at night and require a full closure of 112th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 4th Street and Northeast 6th Street.
What to expect
- The sidewalk and roadway on 112 Avenue Northeast will be closed between Northeast 4th Street and Northeast 6th Street while the work is occurring.
- Approved work hours are M – F, 9 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Signed detours will be in place for motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- The work is expected to take approximately four nights to complete.
- Crews will direct lighting only towards the work site.
- Crew will have noise control measures in place while the work is occurring.
- Types of equipment used will include generators, cranes, forklifts, lighting, excavators, bulldozers, loaders, trucks, trailers, disposal and recycling containers, and water trucks/street sweepers.
Demolition at Bellevue City Hall parking garage
Beginning as early as Monday Dec. 11th, Sound Transit's contractor will begin demolishing a portion of the Bellevue City Hall parking garage at the corner of 110th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 6th Street. The garage work is in preparation for the eventual construction of the Bellevue Downtown Station.
What to expect
- Approved work hours are M - F, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The work is expected to take approximately four weeks to complete.
- Crew will occupy temporary construction easement procured on the private property of Bellevue City Hall.
- Crews will have dust control measures in place while the work is occurring.
- Demolition will include jackhammering and additional noise will be present as crews cut cables embedded in the parking garage concrete.
- Parking will still be available at Bellevue City Hall while the work is occurring.