Update: Construction work hours in Roosevelt
The contractor obtained a two-week temporary nighttime construction variance from the City of Seattle to do this work.
- Night work is planned for the month of March. The contractor will apply for another two-week temporary nighttime construction variance for the second half of March.
- Nighttime work hours are Monday - Friday, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- The pavement will be restored in April. Additional night work may be necessary while restoring the intersection at NE 65th St.
What restrictions apply to this night work?
- Trucks may not idle when not working.
- Stationary equipment, such as generators, must be enclosed
- High impact work (jackhammers, concrete cutting, etc.) must stop from 10 p.m. - 8 a.m.
How will this affect traffic?
- From 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., one traffic lane will be open on 12th Ave NE.
- From 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., traffic on NE 65th Street may be reduced to one lane at 12th Ave NE. Flaggers will direct eastbound and westbound traffic through the intersection.
- Expect delays.
- Traffic lanes will re-open from 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.
How will this affect my bus stop?
- The northbound Metro bus stop (routes 66 and 67) located at the northeast corner of NE 65th St and 12th Ave NE has moved temporarily to the south of NE 65th St.
How will this affect sidewalks?
- The sidewalk on the east side of 12th Ave NE will stay open. See map for details.
How will this affect bikes?
- Bicycles will need to merge with traffic on 12th Ave NE during this work.
How will this affect parking?
- Street parking will be closed day and night in the immediate vicinity of this work.
How will this affect street trees?
- Street trees on the east side of 12th Ave NE from NE 66th St to NE 67th St will be removed. Trees of the same species and trunk size will be planted when the water main work is finished.
How will this affect water service?
- A few customers will experience short-term water shut-offs. Seattle Public Utilities will notify customers before shut-offs occur.
Please contact Sound Transit with questions about construction at 206-398-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit's Construction Hotline at (888) 298-2395.
Please contact Seattle Public Utilities with questions about water service at (206) 684-5800.
Northgate Link Extension is a key part of the Sound Transit's regional mass transit system approved by voters in 2008. The 4.3-mile light rail extension includes stations in the University District, Roosevelt, and Northgate neighborhoods.
For information in other languages: