Update: Extended sidewalk closure on Roosevelt Way NE and traffic reroute for NE 67th Street
In mid-October, Sound Transit’s contractor started utility work, green wall removal, and sidewalk restoration on a portion of NE 67th Street and Roosevelt Way NE. This work required restricted access to Roosevelt Way NE from NE 67th Street and opened access to NE 67th Street from 12th Ave NE. It also required the complete closure of the east sidewalk on Roosevelt Way NE next to Roosevelt Station. This work has been extended into November.
- NE 67th Street access from Roosevelt Way NE expected by Friday, November 29th.
- East sidewalk on Roosevelt Way NE is expected to open Friday, November 8th.
Street closure is on NE 67th Street between Roosevelt Way NE and 12th Ave NE and the east sidewalk closure is on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 66th and NE 67th Streets. Local access to residential units on NE 67th Street in will need to exit and entire via 12th Ave NE (see map).
- Driveway garage access to residential on NE 67th Street will be maintained.
- Garbage/recycling/yard waste pick up will be maintained.
- Flaggers will assist drivers exiting and entering NE 67th Street from 12th Ave NE as needed.
- There will be no parking on Roosevelt Way NE on the east side of the street.
- Pedestrian access along north side of NE 67th Street will be maintained. Crosswalk on NE 67th St and Roosevelt Way NE will be closed. Pedestrians must cross over Roosevelt Way NE onto west crosswalk for thru access.
- Parking on NE 67th street will be reduced because portion of the parking areas will be located behind construction fencing. No Parking signs will be employed as needed for southern sidewalk restoration on NE 67th Street.