***UPDATED SCHEDULE DUE TO WEATHER IMPACTS*** I-405 to westbound I-90 overnight ramp closures and lane reductions on westbound I-90
This work was scheduled for an earlier date, but was postponed due to snow and ice.
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Crews plan to close all ramps from I-405 to westbound I-90 to advance the ‘traveler crane’ over I-90. See map below.
- Monday, February 18 (Tuesday morning) night closures, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: This work is expected to last one night. Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change. This work is scheduled for Monday, February 18th (Tuesday morning) but the contractor may shift the work to Tuesday, February 19th (Wednesday morning)
- Ramp closures: I-405 south to I-90 west HOV ramp, I-405 south to I-90 west general purpose ramp, I-405 north to I-90 west HOV ramp; Richards Road and SE 32nd to westbound I-90
- Lane closures: I-90 westbound HOV lane, I-90 westbound left general purpose lane, I-90 westbound right general purpose lane
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Ave SE toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way SE reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way SE and 112th Ave SE
- Bellevue Way SE to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure
- 112th Ave SE daytime lane reductions
- 112th Ave SE bypass road
- Closure of SE 15th at 112th Ave SE
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Upcoming night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.