Weekend closure: Banner Way NE and NE 80th Street
Starting the weekend of Friday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m., Sound Transit's contractor will close Banner Way NE just north of NE 80th Street to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area (see map). This will close the northbound I-5 on-ramp and access to N. 85th Street at this location.
What to expect:
- Traffic impact: Access to northbound I-5 on-ramp and N 85th Street at Banner Way NE and NE 80th Street will be CLOSED Friday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m. to Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m.
- Construction activities: Traffic Bearing Type 6 boxes will be removed and the wells will be cut 4 ft. below grade. The discharge lines will be removed and the area will be backfilled. When the soil is replaced it will be compacted, and there may be vibration from the compacting of the soil.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on the streets during this work.
- Access: Traffic cones, no parking signage, roadway signage, uniformed officers and flaggers may be used during this work. Follow detour signage that will be placed along the route (see map).
- Restoration: Permanent restoration will be carried out to Seattle Department of Transportation standards. Current expectation for the permanent reinstatement is spring/summer of 2017.