Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE, NE 103rd St for road striping
As early as Sunday, March 8, a portion of 1st Avenue Northeast, Northeast 103rd will be closed while Sound Transit's contractor paints permanent lane stripes and crosswalks around Northgate Station. This work is weather-dependent and may need to be rescheduled for a different weekend.
Weekend closure of portion of 1st Avenue Northeast, Northeast 103rd streets.
When and where
Sunday, March 8, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. This is day-time work only.
- 1st Avenue Northeast closed from Northeast 100th Street to Northeast 107 Street Intersection (see map).
- Northeast 103rd Street closed from 1st Avenue Northeast to west of 3rd Avenue Northeast (see map).
- Interstate 5 access:
- Express lanes: The Northeast 103rd Street on- and off-ramp to and from the express lanes will be closed. March 8th, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and reopen at 7 p.m.
- Drivers exiting I-5 at Northeast 107th Street must proceed east into the mall or northbound on to 1st Avenue Northeast toward Northgate Way. Vehicles detour on 5th Avenue Northeast.
- Local access will be maintained for businesses and residences along 1st Avenue Northeast. Vehicles must access 1st Avenue Northeast from Northeast 100th Street (see map).
- Access to Northgate Mall and Northgate Transit Center will be maintained.
The road and sidewalk restoration around Northgate Station is an ongoing process. Drivers please proceed cautiously and follow the directions of the flaggers. Large construction equipment includes roadway striping equipment.