Weekend work and road closures NE 103rd Street and Northbound 1st Avenue NE
Starting as early as Friday, June 15, Sound Transit’s contractor will be conducting work for sewer system and manhole installation along NE 103rd Street between 1st and 3rd avenue NE, as well as along 1st Avenue NE between NE 100th and NE 105th street (see map).
Access to homes, businesses, Northgate Mall, Northgate Transit Center and the Hampton Inn and Suites will be maintained.
What to expect:
9:00 p.m. Friday, June 15 – 4:00 a.m. Monday, June 18
- Work Hours: 24 hours a day
- Traffic Impacts (see map):
- NE 103rd street will be closed to through traffic between 1st and 3rd avenue NE.
- 1st Avenue NE northbound will be closed to through traffic between NE 100th and NE 105th street.
- Intersection at NE 103rd Street and 1st Avenue NE will remain open. Traffic exiting the I-5 express lanes will have to go southbound onto 1st Avenue NE toward NE 100th street.
- Intersection at NE 100th Street and 1st Avenue NE will remain open. Northbound traffic will have to go eastbound onto NE 100th Street toward 3rd Avenue NE.
- Construction Activities: Installing a sewer system tie in along NE 103rd Street, for the Sound Transit Northgate Mall parking garage, connecting to the manhole installation on 1st Avenue NE. Asphalt paving will follow installation.
- Equipment: Excavators, light plants, cut off saws, front end loaders, dump trucks, trench boxes, asphalt rollers and paving machine.
What is Sound Transit building?
The Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas. The 4.3-mile extension is expected to be open for service in 2021.