Sound Transit is a centralized publisher of data provided by the transit agencies throughout the region. Each transit agency produces their own schedules and data, which Sound Transit consolidates and coordinates in order to address data conflicts such as multiple transit agencies using the same route or stop numbers within their own service areas. Sound Transit staff endeavor to keep published GTFS files accurate, but doing this effectively is currently a manual effort and can take some time to implement when service changes are made. To report a new issue please, email the details to email@example.com, or feel free to reach out to us with questions or concerns at any time.
GTFS Files by Agency (Modified for Open Transit Data)
The data in the following GTFS files was last updated March 19, 2022 and is valid through June 10, 2022.
- KCM: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/1_gtfs.zip
- Pierce: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/3_gtfs.zip
- Intercity: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/19_gtfs.zip
- Community Transit: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/29_gtfs.zip
- Sound Transit: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/40_gtfs.zip
- Washington State Ferries: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/95_gtfs.zip
- Seattle Center Monorail: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/96_gtfs.zip
- Everett Transit: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/97_gtfs.zip
- Seattle Children's Hospital: https://gtfs.sound.obaweb.org/prod/98_gtfs.zip
Consolidated GTFS File Set
The Puget Sound Consolidated GTFS provides a single, merged GTFS file set for the region.
The Consolidated GTFS merges all of the available regional GTFS bundles and attempts to resolve areas of data overlap, seen in a small number of shapes, routes, stops, and trips which conflict across agencies. Those conflicts have been addressed by prepending the agency number + "_" in front of the primary key id to keep it unique. The trip conflicts are the only ones likely to cause issues, as those trips will not match realtime data without modification. For example, Intercity Transit trip id 1501 after consolidation is now 19_1501.
Any feedback regarding issues with the Consolidated Feed is welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OneBusAway data (via API)
The current regional data available for download above is also available via API call to the OneBusAway data engine. Information about the usage of the OneBusAway API and how to retrieve real-time data can be found here.
Request an API key
Real Time Data
We support real time trip updates and vehicle positions for the following agency IDs via the OBA API:
- 1 (King County Metro)
- 3 (Pierce Transit)
- 19 (InterCity Transit)
- 23 (City of Seattle - Streetcar)
- 29 (Community Transit)
- 40 (Sound Transit)
- 95 (Washington State Ferries)
- 97 (Everett Transit)
Sign-up here to receive updates about real-time data. At this time real time information is not available for Sounder. To access available real-time data you will need to request an API key.
GIS data covering ST's rail and bus service, the district boundary and ORCA fare outlets.