West Seattle Link Extension and Ballard Link Extensions
Recently, we separated the updates and communications for the West Seattle Link Extension and the Ballard Link Extension. As a result, each project now has it's own page to access information and to provide feedback.
The West Seattle Link Extension and Ballard Link Extension projects will provide fast, reliable light rail connections to dense residential and job centers throughout the region. In addition, a new downtown Seattle light rail tunnel will provide capacity for the entire regional system to operate efficiently. These two separate Link extensions are part of the regional transit system expansion approved by voters in November 2016.
- West Seattle Link Extension
- Adds 4.1 miles of light rail service from downtown Seattle to West Seattle's Alaska Junction neighborhood.
- Includes 4 new stations between SODO and Alaska Junction.
- Ballard Link Extension
- Adds 7.7 miles of light rail service from downtown Seattle to Ballard, including a new downtown Seattle rail-only tunnel.
- Includes 9 new stations between Chinatown-International District and Market Street.