Looking for a safe and reliable option for New Year's Eve travel? Leave the driving to us!
Link light rail and ST Express buses will be fare-free all day New Year’s Eve (4 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 31, to 2 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 1).
And Link light rail will run extended hours for the holiday, with 15-minute late night service.
The last southbound trip will leave Northgate Station at 1:58 a.m. The last northbound train will leave Angle Lake at 1:41 a.m.
Our transit partners, including King County Metro, Community Transit, Everett Transit, and the Seattle Streetcar will also provide free rides as part of their celebrations.
Regional transit agencies will be operating on the following schedules:
- King County Metro: Buses will operate on their regular Saturday schedule and be fare-free from 3 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 31, through 3 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 1. Other Metro services operating fare-free include DART, Via to Transit, Ride Pingo to Transit, Community Van, and Access service.
- Community Transit: All Community Transit buses, Zip Alderwood Shuttle, and Snohomish County DART paratransit services will operate on a Saturday schedule and are fare-free from 4 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 31 through the end of the service day. Please check the Community Transit website, as route times vary.
- Everett Transit: All services will operate fare-free on a regular Saturday schedule – 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Seattle Streetcar: Both streetcar lines will operate Saturday service hours. The South Lake Union Streetcar will operate on New Year’s Eve until 12:30 a.m. to accommodate fireworks viewing downtown.
- King County Water Taxi: The water taxi will operate fare-free on Dec. 31 but will be out of service on Jan. 1. and Jan. 2.
- Seattle Monorail: The monorail will collect regular fares and is scheduled to operate from Westlake to the Seattle Center until 11 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. After the evening’s events at Seattle Center, service to Westlake will run from 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Due to operator shortages, there will be no extended service on ST Express buses this New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Day service
On Sunday, Jan. 1, and Monday, Jan. 2, King County Metro buses, Sound Transit Express buses, Link light rail, and Tacoma Link will operate on Sunday schedules.
Regular fares resume on all services beginning at 3 a.m. on Jan. 1.
See you on board as we get ready to ring in 2023!