Sound Transit holding drop-in sessions on Tacoma Dome Link Extension and OMF South
Public invited to learn about project updates and environmental process
Sound Transit is engaging South Sound communities on light rail projects coming to the region. There will be opportunities for the public to learn more about the Tacoma Dome Link Extension (TDLE) and Operations and Maintenance Facility South (OMF South) through drop-in sessions in November and December.
Sound Transit will hold drop-in sessions at the following locations:
- Saturday, Nov. 16, Federal Way Library, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Saturday, Nov. 16, Eastside Community Center, Tacoma, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, Fred Meyer, Kent, 8-10 a.m.
- Wednesday Nov. 20, Starbucks, Milton, 8-10 a.m.
- Wednesday Nov. 20, Evergreen State College, Tacoma, 5-7 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 21, Poodle Dog, Fife, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, UW Tacoma Campus, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, Fife Pierce County Library, 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, Tacoma Sounder Station, 6-8 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, Federal Way Community Center, 5-7 p.m.
For those unable to attend a drop-in session, information on both projects will also be available online from Nov. 13 to Dec. 6 at southsoundlink.participate.online.
This spring the Sound Transit Board of Directors selected routes and station locations for environmental study to expand regional light rail with the Tacoma Dome Link extension. The Board also selected three sites for environmental study to locate a new Operations and Maintenance Facility in South King County.
Staff from the Tacoma Dome Link Extension and OMF South projects will also be attending two open houses for the Federal Way Link Extension.
• Wednesday, Nov. 13, Highline College, Des Moines, 6-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 20, Federal Way Performing Arts Center, 6-8 p.m.