Tacoma Dome Link Extension project updates
Get the latest on this project in your inbox.
Sound Transit is hosting a series of drop-in sessions for the Tacoma Dome Link Extension (TDLE) project. Click the link below to view the list of drop-in sessions and more information on the project.
The Tacoma Dome Link Extension (TDLE) will extend the regional light rail system nearly 10 miles via mostly elevated tracks between Federal Way and Tacoma. This project includes four new light rail stations in areas near south Federal Way, Fife, east Tacoma, and the Tacoma Dome.
Stations will provide connections to other transit services in the region such as Sounder, Tacoma Link, Sound Transit Express, King County Metro, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit and Amtrak.
Stations will feature pickup and drop-off zones and provide access for those travelling by foot, bike, paratransit and other modes.
The future South Federal Way and Fife stations each include approximately 500 parking spaces.
When Tacoma Dome Link service starts in 2030, it will offer fast and frequent travel to destinations across the region, including:
- South Federal Way to Tacoma Dome Station in 20 minutes.
- Fife to Tacoma Dome Station in 6 minutes.
- Tacoma Dome Station to Sea-Tac Airport in 35 minutes.
What can I expect as a project neighbor?
- If you are a resident, business or property owner near a TDLE route or station alternative, we encourage you to sign up for project email updates.
- The EIS will evaluate property impacts of potential sites in detail following further design work.
- An official decision by the Sound Transit Board about which route and stations to build for TDLE will occur following the issue of the Final EIS in 2022.
Get introduced to our project and see how we're evaluating station and route options.