Construction activity for April 28 until around May 12
Work in sidewalk along NE 43rd Street begins Monday, April 28
Construction crews building the U District Station will be relocating electrical utility lines along NE 43rd Street between Brooklyn Avenue NE and University Way NE beginning on Monday, April 28. Crews will also be removing landscaping and replacing the sidewalk in front of the U Manor building.
Work hours will be between 7 am and 10 pm daily, including weekends. The work hours have been extended to minimize work duration and impacts to the community. This work is expected to take about two weeks.
This work will be occurring within the sidewalk. Pedestrian access will be provided to the U Manor building at all times using a temporary pathway.
Flaggers will be onsite during work hours to help pedestrians through the area.
What to Expect:
- Frequent changes in pedestrian access through the area
- Equipment including trucks, excavators, jackhammers, compaction equipment, and vactor trucks
- Excavated trench within the sidewalk along NE 43rd Street between Brooklyn Avenue NE and the alley west of University Way NE
- Noise during demolition of the sidewalk, curb, and section of roadway along the southern side of NE 43rd Street
- Noise during removal of debris and compaction of the new sidewalk
- Dust resulting from the pouring of concrete for the new sidewalk
- Removed landscaping in front of the U Manor building
- Crews working in close proximity of the U Manor building
- Crews will work to minimize noise, dust, and debris to the extent possible.
The eastbound lane of NE 43rd Street between Brooklyn Avenue and University Way NE will be open during this work. Traffic will be shifted to the northern side of NE 43rd Street. There may be intermittent closures of the intersection at Brooklyn Avenue NE and NE 43rd Street during this work.
U District Station
The U District Station is under construction on Brooklyn Avenue NE between NE 45th and NE 43rd streets. The station is part of the future 4.3-mile Northgate Link Extension connecting Northgate, Roosevelt, and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport.
For More Information
Phone: Paige Cureton, (206) 398-5300
Construction Hotline: For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit's 24-hour construction hotline: 1 (888) 298-2395