Early morning concrete pour
Sound Transit's contractor has obtained a temporary noise variance permit from the City of Seattle to begin work at 4 a.m. at the Roosevelt Station site in order to conduct a large concrete pour the week of Feb. 19 – 23. The concrete pour is expected to take one day.
What to expect:
- Work activities: Early morning concrete pour. Trucks will frequently enter and exit the site (see map).
- Permitted start times: Setup as early as 4 a.m., pour as early as 5 a.m.
- Traffic impacts: None, all work done on-site.
- Construction activities: Setting up the concrete pump, trucks entering and exiting the site, tower crane moving equipment. The contractor will install sound barriers around the concrete operation to help keep noise to a minimum.
- Equipment: Concrete pump truck, concrete trucks, tower crane.
*Work is weather dependent. Notices will be resent for any schedule changes.