Early morning work hours planned for Monday and Tuesday, July 20-21
Crews building the U District Station are planning to begin work around 6 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday, July 20-21. Crews will be excavating the light rail station box, pouring concrete, and hauling materials offsite using Brooklyn Avenue NE.
The City of Seattle has approved a temporary noise variance to allow this early work to begin at 6 a.m. No high impact noise activities (such as jackhammering) are scheduled to take place before 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m. for this work.
What to expect:
- Excavation activities at the ground level of the light rail station box
- Use of the conveyor system to bring dirt from the excavation area to street level
- Loading and hauling dirt on Brooklyn Avenue NE
- Concrete trucks accessing the site from the southeast gate on NE 43rd Street
- Noise from equipment operations (crane, excavator, drill rigs, concrete pump, trucks, bulldozer)
Excavation of the light rail station box is about 99 percent complete. Excavation will be completed in July.