Geotechnical work along 12th Avenue Northeast
Starting the week of March 18, Sound Transit's contractor will conduct additional geotechnical ground boring tests along 12th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 61st Street and Northeast 63rd Street. Crews will use drilling equipment to take soil samples. This work is expected to take approximately two weeks during day-time hours.
Left lane closure on 12th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 61st and Northeast 63rd Streets (see map). Local access only on Northeast 62nd Street between Roosevelt Way and 12th Avenue Northeast.
Monday, March 18 – Friday, March 29, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
12th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 61st and Northeast 63rd Streets.
- Temporary sidewalk closures in the immediate area
- Bicycle lane will be maintained
- A flagger will be present to help direct traffic
- Drilling will sound similar to a truck engine running with occasional hammering
- Plan ahead, leave early, and allow extra time to reach your destination
Outreach Specialist: Rhonda Dixon, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-398-5300
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395