Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd street
As early as Monday, January 23, 2017, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd street to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area (see map). This work will take approximately 1 week to complete.
What to expect:
- Traffic Impact: Southbound right lane closure on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd street. Pedestrian, bicyclist, and motorist traffic will be maintained.
- Driveways will remain open.
- Construction Activities: Steel plates, covering the dewatering wells, will be removed and the wells will be cut 4 ft. below grade. The discharge line will be removed and the area will be backfiled. When the soil is replaced it will be compacted, and there may be vibration from the compacting of the soil.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on the streets during this work.
- Work hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.*
- Restoration: Permanent restoration will be carried out to Seattle Department of Transportation standards. Current expectation for the permanent reinstatement is spring/summer of 2017.
What is Northgate Link Extension?
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region’s most congested traffic areas. The 4.3 mile extension is expected to be open for service in 2021.
*Schedule is subject to change.