Light rail construction begins in U District
JCM Northlink LLC, Sound Transit's excavation and tunneling contractor, is starting work in the U District neighborhood as early as Monday December 9, 2013*.
What are the traffic impacts?:
- Close Brooklyn Ave. N.E. between N.E. 45th and N.E. 43rd streets
- Close N.E. 43rd Street between University Way N.E. and 12th Avenue N.E. Local Access to the street alleys will be maintained·
- Maintain local access on Brooklyn Avenue between N.E. 43rd and N.E. 42nd streets
- Insert northbound one way vehicle lane on Brooklyn Avenue N.E to eastbound on N.E. 43rd Street
- Maintain East West pedestrian connection at the N.E. 43rd and Brooklyn Avenue N.E. intersection
The next few months of work will include utility relocation, drilling of observation wells, vegetation/tree removal and the installation of the construction wall.
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Sound Transit's U District Station project, please contact Wilbert Santos at (206) 398-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report construction issues (after business hours) at our 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.
STAY SAFE AND SOUND AROUND LIGHT RAIL CONSTRUCTION:
Obey pedestrian traffic signals
Obey flaggers directing trucks
Watch for trucks AND trailers