Light rail construction begins at U District station
Construction at the U District light rail station is underway. Sound Transit's contractor has implemented the first phase of traffic changes and is now working on various construction activities at the future station.
What to expect during the next two weeks* (January 24-February 7):
- The UW Bus Shelter on 12th Ave NE has now been installed in its permanent location.
- Utility work will continue along Brooklyn Avenue NE from NE 45th Street to just south of NE 43rd Street. The crosswalk at NE 43rd Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE will shift slightly south during this work to maintain the east-west pedestrian connection.
- A portion of the solid wooden construction wall will begin to be installed along the eastern side of the site during the week of February 3.
- Underground concrete foundations will be installed to support the future station structure. This includes early morning equipment delivery during the weekend of January 24-27. There will be noise from the drill during soil removal.
Equipment: trucks, excavators, jackhammers, drill rigs, crane, generators, street sweepers
On the horizon (After February 7)*:
- Continue work at the street alley entrance at NE 43rd Street between 12th Avenue NE and Brooklyn Avenue NE
- Continue installing the solid wooden construction wall around the site
- Continue utility work on Brooklyn Avenue NE from NE 45th Street to just south of NE 43rd Street
Schedule: Work hours are typically Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. Intermittent weekend work may be scheduled between 9 am and 5 pm. Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be distributed for significant changes.*
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Sound Transit's U District Station project, please contact Wilbert Santos at (206) 398-5300 or email@example.com.
Report construction issues (after business hours) at our 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.
Bring in this image to Kai's to purchase any appetizer for only $5. Limit one coupon per person, expires March 31, 2014.
STAY SAFE AND SOUND AROUND LIGHT RAIL CONSTRUCTION:
Obey pedestrian traffic signals
Obey flaggers directing trucks
Watch for trucks AND trailers