New access option for Puyallup Sounder station
Looking for another way to get to the Puyallup Sounder station? Pierce Transit is partnering with rideshare company Lyft to provide free on-demand rides to and from the Puyallup Sounder station and other transit centers. The free rides are available from specific locations only - see the map on the Pierce Transit website for details. Rides to the Sounder station are available Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. through 7 p.m.
The pilot project, called "Limited Access Connections," launches May 15th.
How it works
To get a free ride to the Puyallup Sounder station:
- Type your address in the Pierce Transit map to see if you're in the eligible zone.
- If you already use Lyft, tap your profile picture, tap promos, enter the promo code "18FIFEPUY"and apply.
- If you're new to Lyft, download the app on your phone and set up an account. Even though rides are free under Limited Access Connections, you'll need to set up a payment option. Then request rides from within one of the service zones and during eligible times.
- To find your Lyft at the Puyallup Sounder station, use the yellow curb near the train platform off West Main Avenue.
- For more information, visit Pierce Transit's Limited Access Connections website.
May is Bike Month!
Ever considered bicycling to the Puyallup station? May is Bike Month, and a great time to try out cycling. While bicycles are allowed on Sounder Trains, we encourage our bicycling riders to take advantage of the bike parking also available at all Sounder stations. For more information, visit our bike page, or contact email@example.com.
Puyallup Station access improvements
In 2016, the Sound Transit Board selected a preferred package of access improvements for the Puyallup Station, including a new garage (503 spaces), new surface parking (166 spaces), and pedestrian and bicycle improvements. Construction of the garage is expected to begin in 2019, and is expected to open in 2021.