Nighttime tower crane delivery/construction at U District Station
The U District Station contractor, Hoffman Construction Company, has taken procession of the U District Station site. To get started on the site there will be two new cranes delivered and erected. Delivery and erection will take place Saturday, July 22, Sunday, July 23 and Saturday, July 29. The work schedule is as follows:
What to expect:
Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23:
- Delivery of the crane will begin at 3:30 a.m.
- Traffic impacts: Closure of Northeast 43rd Street at 12th Avenue Northeast. No parking signs will be placed along Northeast 43rd Street to 11th Avenue Northeast (see map below). The west alley at Northeast 43rd will be blocked. Seattle Police will be present.
- Work activities: Crane will arrive at the Brooklyn Avenue Northeast gate at 3:30 a.m. Crews will arrive with the crane and set up the site. Crane installation will begin at 7 a.m. Certification of the crane will take place during this time.
- Work hours: Saturday, 3:30 a.m. to Sunday 3 p.m.
Saturday, July 29:
- Delivery of crane and parts will begin at 6 a.m.
- Traffic impacts: No parks will be placed along Northeast 43rd from the west alley (in front of the Ugly Mug) to University Way Northeast (see map below).
- Work activities: Trucks will enter the gate at Northeast 43rd and the east alley to deliver crane parts. The tracks of the crane will be installed.
- Work hours: 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
During this work it is possible that you may hear the workers as the cranes are erected and tested. The contractor has been issued a temporary noise variance to complete this work.
Yellow highlighted sections note locations of street and alley closures on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23.
Red highlighted sections represent no parking areas of Northeast 43rd Street on Saturday, July 29.