Northgate Way to northbound Interstate 5 on-ramp closure
Beginning Sunday, Jan. 26th, Sound Transit will be closing the on-ramp to northbound Interstate 5 via Northgate Way in Seattle to construct the columns for the future aerial guideway. This closure is a necessary step for construction of the Lynnwood Link light rail.
- Crews will be constructing columns for the future aerial guideway in preparation for Link light rail.
- Crews will be working at night to minimize traffic impacts.
- Each night, Sunday, Jan. 26th - Thursday, Jan. 30th.
- Work hours are from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The westbound right lane on Northgate Way between 1st Avenue NE & Corliss Avenue N will be closed for drill shaft operations.
- The Northgate Way to Northbound I-5 on-ramp and the north sidewalk along Northgate Way from 1st Avenue to Corliss Ave will be closed.
- Detour route will be in place for access to northbound I-5 on-ramp located on 1st Avenue NE
- See map for traffic impacts and changes.