Lynnwood Link Extension project updates
Get the latest in your inbox.
After the Northgate extension opens in 2021, the Lynnwood Link Extension extends light rail into Snohomish County, serving four stations, Shoreline South/148th, Shoreline North/185th, Mountlake Terrace and Lynnwood City Center. Upon opening in 2024, riders enjoy fast, frequent and reliable service between south Snohomish County and the University of Washington, downtown Seattle, the Eastside, Sea-Tac Airport and more.
- Open: 2024
- Length: 8.5 miles, 4 stations
- Service: Every 4 - 6 minutes during peak hours.
- Projected travel times:
- Lynnwood to Westlake (downtown Seattle): 28 minutes
- Shoreline South/148th to University of Washington: 11 minutes
- Mountlake Terrace to Bellevue Downtown: 48 minutes
- Projected ridership: 47,000 – 55,000 daily riders by 2026
Lynnwood Transit Center Web Cam
Mountlake Terrace Transit Center Web Cam
Lynnwood City Center is the final stop until light rail extends to Everett.
Seattle from Lynnwood will take 28 minutes.
The Mountlake Terrace station is adjacent to the transit center and garage.
Bellevue from Mountlake Terrace will take 48 minutes.
Local buses will bring Link riders to stations.
Trains arrive every 4 – 6 minutes during peak hours.
Lynnwood from 185th will take just 7 minutes.
Stride BRT will connect north lake Washington communities to this station.
Get to the Husky game in just 11 minutes from Shoreline South.