Lynnwood Link Extension project updates
Get the latest in your inbox.
After the Northgate extension opens in 2021, the Lynnwood Link Extension extends light rail into Snohomish County, serving four stations, Shoreline South/145th, Shoreline North/185th, Mountlake Terrace and Lynnwood City Center. Upon opening in 2024, riders enjoy fast, frequent and reliable service between south Snohomish County and the University of Washington, downtown Seattle, the Eastside, Sea-Tac Airport and more.
- Open: 2024
- Length: 8.5 miles, 4 stations
- Service: Every 4 - 6 minutes during peak hours.
- Projected travel times:
- Lynnwood to Westlake (downtown Seattle): 28 minutes
- Shoreline South/145th to University of Washington: 11 minutes
- Mountlake Terrace to Bellevue Downtown: 48 minutes
- Projected ridership: 47,000 – 55,000 daily riders by 2026