Restoration of construction wall along 1st Ave NE
Sound Transit's contactor will perform work necessary to construct the permanent sound wall and remove portions of the temporary construction wall along 1st Avenue Northeast at the Northgate Link Extension tunnel portal. There will be other work taking place in the work area including final restoration. This work is scheduled to occur during the following timeframes.
- Monday, Nov. 6, 2017 – Monday, Jan. 15, 2018.
What to expect:
- Traffic impacts: The southbound lane will be closed. Southbound traffic will be moved into the northbound lane. Northbound traffic will be detoured to Northeast 92nd Street and 5th Avenue Northeast.
- Construction activities: Removing the temporary wall along with the steel beams that support the wall. Building the permanent wall and restoring the areas along 1st Avenue Northeast. Restoring the areas along 1st Avenue Northeast include asphalting, concrete and final restoration.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on the street during this work.
- Work hours: 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday