Tell us your design ideas for the new parking garage at Puyallup Station
Sound Transit is building a new parking garage at Puyallup Station so that more people can conveniently access Sounder and enjoy a traffic-free commute. Before we select a firm to design and construct the garage, we invite you to provide input on the visual design that best fits the Puyallup community. Should it feel modern or classic? Stand out or blend in? Join us at our drop-in session to get an update on the project and give feedback on design elements.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
5 – 7 p.m.
Puyallup Activity Center
210 W Pioneer Ave, Puyallup
Give feedback online
Can't make it in person? Take our online survey to share your thoughts about the visual design. We are collecting community feedback through Sept. 21.
Learn more about this project
Sound Transit is improving access to the Puyallup Sounder station for drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists and bus riders, including construction of a garage adding approximately 500 new parking spaces, new surface parking with approximately 165 stalls, and sidewalk and bicycle enhancements. The garage and surface parking will open in 2021; all bicycle and pedestrian improvements will be complete by 2023. Learn more.
Reminder: Free Lyft trips to/from Puyallup station
Pierce Transit is partnering with Lyft to provide free on-demand rides to and from the Puyallup Sounder station and other transit centers. The free rides are available from specific locations only - see the map on the Pierce Transit website for details. Rides to the station are available Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. through 7 p.m.
How it works
To get a free ride to the Puyallup Sounder station:
- Type your address in the Pierce Transit map to see if you're in the eligible zone. (Both the green and orange zones are eligible for free trips to Puyallup Station.)
- If you already use Lyft, tap your profile picture, tap promos, enter the promo code "18FIFEPUY"and apply.
- If you're new to Lyft, download the app on your phone and set up an account. Even though rides are free under this program, you'll need to set up a payment option. Then request rides from within one of the service zones during eligible times.
- To find your Lyft at the Puyallup Sounder station, use the yellow curb near the train platform off West Main Avenue.
- For more information, visit Pierce Transit's Limited Access Connections website.
Also see the How-to video here: https://youtu.be/ATWOuVM8_zc.