Traffic lanes on 12th Ave. NE narrowing on weekdays through late January
Sound Transit's contractor will be working on underground utilities in 12th Ave NE near NE 66th St. in January.
This work will take about 3 weeks.
How will this affect traffic?
- From early - mid January, one traffic lane will be open on the east side of 12th Ave NE.
- From mid - late January, one traffic lane will be open on the west side of 12th Ave NE.
How will this affect my bus stop?
- No bus stops will be affected by this work.
How will this affect parking?
- Street parking will be closed on 12th Ave NE in the immediate vicinity of this work.
How will this affect sidewalks?
- From early - mid January, the crosswalk will be closed on the west side of 12th Ave NE at NE 66th St.
- From mid - late January, the crosswalk will be closed on the east side of 12th Ave at NE 66th St.
The contractor will work during the hours of 7: 00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No high impact work will occur until after 8:00 a.m.
During evenings and weekends, the work area will be plated over and vehicles will be able to drive over it.
As a reminder, there are lane closures in effect on NE 65th St as well. Two-way traffic is maintained on NE 65th St. For more information, visit Sound Transit's website.
As always, be safe around the construction site. Cross only in crosswalks and at intersections.
For more information about light rail construction in Roosevelt, please call 206-398-5300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit's 24-hour Construction Hotline at (888) 298-2395.