Tree and vegetation removal starting near NE 145th St and I-5
Starting as early as May 2nd, Sound Transit will begin to clear trees and vegetation near Interstate 5 in order to establish construction work areas where the light rail route will travel. Work will begin near the intersection of Northeast 145th Street and I-5, near Jackson Park Golf Course.
The Lynnwood Link route emphasized reducing the private property acquisition and costs required for the project by prioritizing use of existing transportation right of way along I-5 where possible. A centerpiece of the project’s design is replacing the existing trees with nearly four times as many trees when the project is complete.
- Trees and vegetation removal starting along I-5.
- There will be a southbound lane closure on 5th Avenue Northeast with flaggers alternating traffic in both northbound and southbound directions.
- The right shoulder will be closed on the I-5 northbound off-ramp to Northeast 145th Street (see map).
- As early as May 2nd, traffic revision will remain for approximately two weeks.
- Work hours are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the first day and will change to 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. when construction progresses south away from the Northeast 145th Street off-ramp.
- Work zone is located between Northeast 130th Street to Northeast 145th Street (see map).
- Work will start at Northeast 145th Street and progressively move towards Northeast 130th Street.
- For the safety of the public Sound Transit ask that drivers focus on the road and keep traffic moving. Flaggers will be on site to direct traffic.
Community Outreach: My Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-370-5690
24-hour construction hotline: 1-888-298-2395