Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE
Starting Friday evening, August 16th, 1st Ave NE between NE 95th St and NE 100th St will be closed while Sound Transit’s contractor and Seattle Public Utilities work to connect drainage pipes in front of Hampton Inn and installing a waterline service to one of the station’s buildings.
Extended closure on portion of 1st Ave NE.
Friday, August 16th, starting at 8 p.m. and ending Monday, August 19th, at 4:30 a.m. Crews will be working day and night.
Closure of 1st Ave NE north of NE 95th St intersection and south of NE 100th St intersection. NE 95th St and NE 100th St intersections will remain open (see map).
- Local vehicular and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Driveway and access to local businesses will be maintained. Enter and exit by way of NE 95th St.
- Flaggers will be present to help direct vehicles and escort pedestrians. Please signal to the flagger and have patience while they communicate with workers to allow access.
- This work impacts King County metro routes and bus stops, including the temporary closure of the northbound bus stop on 1st Ave NE and NE 95th St. Learn more: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/alerts-updates.aspx
- A Temporary Noise Variance (TNV) has been issued for the overnight work.
- Construction equipment includes front-end loaders, dump trucks, and excavators.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.