Get the latest on this project in your inbox.
Fourteen miles long, East Link includes 10 stations from Seattle's International District to Judkins Park, across I-90 to Mercer Island and South Bellevue, and through downtown Bellevue and the Bel-Red area to Redmond Technology Station. When East Link opens in 2023, passengers will be able to ride almost 40 miles of fast, reliable light rail, from the Eastside to downtown Seattle and Northgate and to Sea-Tac Airport and Angle Lake.
- Open: 2023
- Length: 14 miles; 10 stations
- Service: Every 8 minutes in peak hours.
- Projected travel times:
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Redmond Technology to Bellevue Downtown: 10 minutes
- Projected ridership including downtown Redmond extension: 43,000 – 52,000 daily riders by 2026
Preparing for first-ever light rail on a floating bridge
East Link light rail construction passes halfway mark
Blue Line trains will travel through this tunnel under downtown Bellevue
Wildlife habitat restored as part of East Link construction