Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE, NE 100th Street and NE 103rd Street for road restoration
Starting Friday night, September 27th, a portion of 1st Ave NE, NE 100th and NE 103rd Streets will be closed while Sound Transit’s contractor continues the restoration of the roads and utility trenches around Northgate Station.
Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE, NE 100th and NE 103rd Streets.
When and where
Friday, September 27th, 8:00 p.m. – Monday, September 30th, 4:30 a.m. This includes night-time work.
- 1st Ave NE closure from north of NE 92nd street intersection and north of NE 103rd Street (see map).
- NE 100th Street closure from 1st Ave NE to west of 3rd Ave NE (see map).
Friday, September 27th, 8:00 p.m. – Sunday, September 29th, 4:00 a.m. This includes night-time work.
- NE 103rd Street closure from 1st Ave NE to 3rd Ave NE (see map).
- Interstate-5 access: I-5 Express lanes will be closed from Friday, September 27th at 8 p.m. and reopen on Sunday, September 29th at 4:00 a.m. Drivers exiting I-5 at NE 107th Street must proceed east into the mall or northbound on to 1st Ave NE toward Northgate Way. Vehicles detour on 5th Ave NE.
- Northgate Station Garage will be closed Friday, September 27th 8 p.m. and reopened Saturday, September 28th by 6 p.m. When Northgate Station Garage is reopened drivers must enter and exit garage via 3rd Ave NE.
- Local access will be given to businesses and residences along 1st Ave NE. Vehicles must access 1st Ave NE from NE 92nd Street (see map).
- Access to Northgate Mall and Northgate Transit Center will be maintained.
- A Temporary Noise Variance (TNV) has been issued by the City of Seattle for this work.
The road and sidewalk restoration around Northgate Station is an ongoing process. This work includes road grinding, which creates grooved pavement. Drivers please proceed cautiously and follow the directions of the flaggers. Motorcyclists use extreme caution. Large construction equipment includes road grinders, excavators, front end loaders, and dump trucks.