Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE, NE 100th Street for road striping
As early as Sunday, Feb. 9, a portion of 1st Avenue Northeast and Northeast 100th streets will close while Sound Transit’s contractor paints permanent lane stripes and crosswalks around Northgate Station. This work is weather-dependent and may need to be rescheduled for a different weekend.
Weekend closure of portion of 1st Avenue Northeast, Northeast 100th Streets.
When and where
Sunday, Feb. 9, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. This is daytime work only.
- 1st Avenue Northeast closed from south of Northeast 103rd Street to north of Northeast 92nd St intersection (see map).
- Northeast 100th Street closed from 1st Avenue Northeast to west of 3rd Ave Northeast (see map).
- Interstate 5 access:
- Express lanes: The Northeast 103rd Street on- and off-ramp to and from the express lanes will be limited Feb. 9th, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and reopen on Sunday, Feb. 9th. Vehicles exiting express lanes on Sunday will need to proceed straight on Northeast 103rd or northbound on 1st Avenue Northeast.
- Drivers exiting I-5 at Northeast 107th Street must proceed east into the mall or northbound on to 1st Avenue Northeast toward Northgate Way. Vehicles detour on 5th Avenue Northeast.
- Local access will be maintained for businesses and residences along 1st Avenue Northeast. Vehicles must access 1st Avenue Northeast from Northeast 92nd Street (see map).
- Access to Northgate Mall and Northgate Transit Center will be maintained.
The road and sidewalk restoration around Northgate Station is an ongoing process. This work includes road grinding, which creates grooved pavement. Drivers please proceed cautiously and follow the directions of the flaggers. Large construction equipment includes roadway striping equipment.