Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE for road restoration
Starting Friday night, October 11th, a portion of 1st Ave NE and NE 100th Street will be closed while Sound Transit’s contractor continues the restoration of the roads and utility trenches around Northgate Station.
Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE and NE 100th Street.
Friday, October 11th, 8:00 p.m. – Sunday, October 13th, 9 a.m. This includes night-time work.
1st Ave NE closure from north of NE 92nd street intersection to south of NE 103rd Street (see map).
NE 100th Street closure from 1st Ave NE to west of 3rd Ave NE (see map).
- Interstate-5 access via express lanes will be maintained. Vehicles exiting express lanes must proceed northbound on 1st Ave NE or eastbound on NE 103rd Street.
- Local access will be maintained for businesses and residences along 1st Ave NE. Access to and from 1st Ave NE must be from NE 92nd Street (see map).
- This work impacts King County metro routes and bus stops, including the temporary closure of the bus stops on 1st Ave NE on NE 92nd and NE 95th Streets. Learn more: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/alerts-updates.aspx
- Northgate Station Garage will be maintained.
- Access to Northgate Mall and Northgate Transit Center will be maintained.
- A Temporary Noise Variance (TNV) has been issued by the City of Seattle for this work.
The road and sidewalk restoration around Northgate Station is an ongoing process. This work includes road grinding, which creates grooved pavement. Drivers please proceed cautiously and follow the directions of the flaggers. Motorcyclists use extreme caution. Large construction equipment includes road grinders, excavators, front end loaders, and dump trucks.