Judkins Park Station
Located in the center of I-90, riders will be able to enter the station from Rainier Avenue South and 23rd Avenue South. This station meets the City of Seattle's goals of promoting urban villages and linking employment centers.
- Center-platform station located in the center roadway of I-90
- Station entrances at 23rd Avenue South and Rainier Avenue South
- Bicycle and pedestrian connections to the I-90 trail
- Bus connections at both east and west station entrances
- Secure bicycle storage
- Passenger drop-off/pick-up area
- Public art
Issues for final design
- Final architectural features
- Artist selection
- Construction staging, schedule and methods
- Permanent station naming
See most recent design materials in the document archive.
Update your subscriber preferences today to receive area-specific updates that include advanced notification for traffic impacts, new construction activities and more. The current construction schedule is below and is subject to change as construction contracts are awarded.
- Central Bellevue: started in early 2016
- Construction of the downtown Bellevue tunnel began in early 2016 and the remainder of central Bellevue construction is currently scheduled to begin in mid 2017
- I-90: mid 2017
- South Bellevue: mid 2017
- BelRed: mid 2017
- Overlake: mid 2017
- PROJECT: Platform Windscreens
- ARTIST: Barbara Earl Thomas (Seattle)
- DESCRIPTION: A simple story told in pictures will spread across the station’s platform windscreens. The artwork is loosely based on the theme of passing the torch, the artist’s understanding of how the Judkins Park neighborhood has changed over time. STart will work with Earl Thomas to develop a component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://barbaraearlthomas.com/
- PROJECT: Station Entrances and Ancillary Building Walls
- ARTIST: Hank Willis Thomas (New York, NY)
- DESCRIPTION: Through a series of photo-montages, Willis Thomas is exploring themes of identity, history and popular culture in the Judkins Park neighborhood, and is interested in the station’s proximity to Jimi Hendrix Park. STart is working with Willis Thomas to develop a braille component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://www.hankwillisthomas.com/
No events are scheduled
- Apr 28, 2017: Overlake Transit Center park-and-ride closing May 1
- Apr 18, 2017: South Bellevue Park-and-Ride scheduled to close May 30, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017: Attention Overlake Transit Center users: All park-and-ride spaces are closing May 1 for East Link construction
- Mar 27, 2017: Getting across Lake Washington
- Feb 27, 2017: East Link tunnel excavation is underway in downtown Bellevue
- Apr 15, 2016: Structure demolition at the south portal of the downtown Bellevue tunnel set to begin the week of April 18